Thank you for your interest in becoming involved with The IF Project! Below you will find a brief overview of all the ways you can get involved with our organization.
If you decide you would like to get involved in any of the following volunteer opportunities, please fill out our volunteer interest form.
Volunteer Orientation Meeting
If you are interested in volunteering for The IF Project, and would like to learn in more detail about all the ways you can help – come to our next Volunteer Orientation Meeting! We will be discussing the three main ways you can get involved: becoming a part of our Volunteer Reentry Mentoring Program, providing Administrative Support, and providing Skills and Resources.
Please contact us here to sign up for the next volunteer orientation meeting.
Volunteer Reentry Mentoring Program
The IF Project’s Reentry Mentoring Program is a great opportunity for those who would like to volunteer directly with incarcerated women.
- Mentors will be mentoring women before and after their release from the Washington Corrections Center For Women (WCCW) in Gig Harbor.
- Mentors and Mentees will be matched within Pierce and King Counties only. Mentors and Mentees will fill out a questionnaire and meet as a group to heighten the effectiveness of the matching process.
- Once matched, Mentors and Mentees will meet (in person) once a month, and connect by telephone or e-mail once a week.
We have just begun our mentor application process. If you would like to apply to become a mentor, please complete the application form linked here!
Providing administrative support for The IF Project is a great way to contribute if you do not have much time!
- Assisting with Wednesday Open Office Hours
- Entering data into our database
- Typing hand written essays onto the computer
- Going through essays and highlighting powerful quotes
Skills and Resources
We are always looking for new ways to partner! Are you an organization or professional who can provide services for our clients at low-cost or free of charge? If so, please contact us through here.